Wednesday, September 24, 2008

wk34

I went to see Dr Lim on tuesday. I was told by him that my water retention is not too bad, even though I felt that my swollen fingers and toes are quite sore. Mum mocks that I am just fat and is not due to water retention.

Another thing I am concerned is my heavy v. discharge. It is too wet and Dr Lim did another test with my sample. We will only know the results on our next visit which is two weeks later.

As usual, he looked at my protein level from the urine test, he would advice, "rest 8-9 hours a day even if you are not tired." which is what I did recently. I think I rest more then 9hours... hmmm i still need MORE rest. Mum is very nice to me. I didnt do any house work and sometimes hubby or mum bought my breakfast. but i try to take a stroll in the evening or go out for lunch to walk about.

As we took the scan, Doc announced Jade to be 2.7kg, which is normal to big for the baby same period as her. So I REALLY have to cut down on sugary sweets stuff and eat more protein and veggie! other than that, he said everything is ok and see us 2 wks later. haha.

He wrote us a letter for admission in case Jade's decided to arrive early. Symptoms like water bag burst, menses-like red discharge, severe tummy pain we have to call the emergency. I hope I heard everything right... coz I am having very bad memory since pregnancy...

And as usual, we left the clinic merrily. The wait for Jade's arrival is filled with excitement and slight fear. I wonder if I can really handle the newborn. Hopefully Jade is cooperative and mummy-friendly.

This week, my mum is exceptionally eager and she helps me washes Jade's clothes, napkins and towels etc. She even asks us to get the confinement herbs ASAP. Maybe she is anticipating Jade's early arrival, though we told her that Doc says that Jade may stick to the EDD which is end oct.

There's things which we havent buy yet:

1. J&J baby wash & lotion & oil

2. nail cutter (dunno which brand to get) - maybe pigeon

3. Home Slipper ( Mum says I need this for confinement)

4. nipple cream (dunno which one to buy. Read in some books that we can also squeezed some milk and apply on the nipple and air dry. This is good for sore/cracked nipples.)

5. Baby comforter ( we will be using play pen for the time being as we may be shifting. After the shift, we may get a cot.)

6. Disposable Diapers ( for night use. I also dunno what brand to buy too. Mum says that drypers is good enough, it did not give my baby bro any problem. Maybe diff baby diff kind of sensitivity and preference.)

No comments: