Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jade bite me again...

yesterday, Jade bit me and so caused daddy n me to be extremely angry. Hence, we decided that we have to stop latching on her to sleep at night and subsequent night waking feeds too. I have been to 'nice' or ....(cant find a suitable word) to her n daddy that in order to not wake daddy up, i just let her latch on in the middle of nights. and so i think resulted in her asking for 'neh neh' everynight till now.. (she is 18mths going to 19mths old) that means I have not been sleeping properly too...

last night was an ultimate battle. she screamed, cried and begged for neh neh, I gave in and guess what she bit me again. So that's it. Even daddy claimed that she asked for it. I even thought of letting her latch on at night till she is two.. Tears streaming down to her cheeks, she demanded for nehneh desperately. I knew she was sleepy but she refused to close her eyes and lay on bed cooperatively. She jumped on the bed angrily. Finally too angry with us, she insisted me to carry her. Ok, so I carried and sing her current favourite song, "three blind mice". Tried to put her on bed a few times but she woke up angrily, crying, asking for neh neh. so I have to carry her and swing her a few times. She totally rejected daddy so he had not choice but to sit on the bed and watch. (NOT FAIR!!! haha... maybe she knew daddy has to work the next day)

I didnt know how many times I saw her closed eyes and put her down on bed and resulted her in waking up... yes the vicious cycle nearly drove me crazy. But, one last time, she glared at me reluctantly and turned over with her back facing me, she finally fall asleep! Yeah~

It was crazy! I think we struggled for nearly one hour or more... It was mad. tiring~ to think that we are supposed to do this for the coming days... latching to sleep is definitely a breeze, minus the bites and taking my nipples for granted.

tonight, we tried the same thing while we were watching Shrek on channel 5, Jade started to get restless. Daddy suggested giving her some cereal for putting her to bed which she totally rejected it. Keep asking for nehneh, and i suggested giving her some warm formula milk. I made her some enfalac which in the end she drank 30ml of the 250ml... Great! She held the bottle herself as Daddy carried her, rocking her and even singing her "three blind mice". Thought she gave in, then she suddenly sat up from her cradle position. Baffled, I took over from daddy and swinging gently, singing to her again...

As usual, she ask for nehneh, cannot be put down. Tried a few times. But tonight seemed easier. She was not as angry as yesterday. She was in fact more cooperative. She insisted that I carried her. Even I sat on the bed, carrying her, she was fine. I cannot ask for more. I think this was in fact very much better than i thought. She fell asleep in my arms a little before 10pm.

the new problem now is if she wants to be carried to sleep. this is also very tiring... she is now 10.2kg... carry a 10kg a few mins is okay... but not too long.. mummy will be very tired.

I hope tomorrow will be easier... and please dont wake up tonight darling, Mummy love you~!

No comments: