Friday, March 5, 2010

Learning Kidz @ Hougang Green

Finally we have decided to place Jade at learning kidz. Hougang green is a totally new branch. I have many worries too.

Firstly jade is not going to the cc in Sengkang is due to the long waiting list. And those that might b available is inaccessible.

I have to give up faith education partly is because I dun really like the Chinese teacher for playgroup there. When I ask questions I wondered why the principal n teachers need to hesitate to answer. I ask them what does playgroup do, so they keep emphasing they usually play n teachers will talk to them. Actaully I m ok. But I heard a Chinese teacher speaking in incorrect mandarin to a toddler. I was shocked. Maybe she is a assistant teacher. I dunno.

We nearly paid for the registration fee in faith. Alvin's colleague recommended his daughter's cc in serangoon, just a few blks away my in law house. We went to have a look. It was very small compared to faith n other cc we had visited. It was situated in the hdb void deck. Fully air-conditioned. Small room for the playgroup. But we liked it. The teachers seems very friendly n they know their stuffs. As usual I asked hthe questions I had asked all the cc. This senoir teacher handed my enquiries very well. The kids there looks very happy. We like it. But it was full. The fee is abt 650 before subsidy. So we r under waiting list. Went to the web, there's not much comment on this cc. We like it more because all the kids looks so happy.

Then we went to kovan branch to take a look. More expensive n in accessible to us. N full house. So we paid the registration fees for the hougang green branch. Kids at kovan looks as happy too. So I hope this will b the same for the new branch.

New branch means newly hired teachers. I hope they trained their teachers the same way so that jade will benefit too. The menu is abt the same as other cc but they r serving cordial drinks which we can request to change to plain water.

At hougang green they have indoor playground. Fully air con. I hope they do the sanitize work well. The renovation is still on-going. We can only view the place in end march. N the cc starts in mid April. Jade starting in may.

I am trying to make food similar to cc so that jade Can adjust to their food easier. I also changing her napping and meals timing schedule to the cc.

What else do I need to do to prepare her for full day cc?

I already give up to wean her off totally. Maybe I will just latch her before n after school. Maybe she will drink fm from cup in school. Hopefully.

It's just two months away. I m very excited!!!!!

It's time for jade to learn from teachers, play with friends, learn to share. Jade is usually a friendly n happy baby. I hope going to school can make her more confident n independant. Hopefully they can toilet train her n teach her to nap by herself , feed herself.

:D

No comments: